Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Problem child

I have a problem...
What makes the problem worse is the culprit looks like this....

Three days in a row now I've come home wool salad.... well tossed. It's usually stretched out across all three floors of the house and well tangled around furniture. I'm literally at knit's end here... I've done everything I possibly can to discipline him, but he just doesn't care. And what's worse is he's not just coming across the yarn, and thinking "hey, this looks like a good time"... he's actively seeking it out! The pink yarn (RY Classic baby alpaca) is part of a sweater for myself I haven't worked on in six months. It's in the bottom of a basket, on top of my computer desk (a good six feet off the ground) The brown yarn tangled into it is a current project that was on my couch hidden underneath a blanket (so he wouldn't touch it). The other two days of salad tossing included a ball of peach chenille that I'm using to make and Elizabethan Barbie Dress. It was on my kitchen table, and a left over ball of Dave's alpaca silk, which was also on top of the computer desk.

If the little monster didn't already have his nuts chopped off, I swear I'd be doing it myself. Dave's solution is to take him back to the barn, but to me that's akin to taking your kids back to the hospital for colouring on the walls... so I guess I'll have to keep disciplining, rewinding and hoping he grows out of it......

In other news I've started another project...

I really shouldn't have cast this on, I have several projects on the go, but the yarn was calling me... It's Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. I got a really good deal on it on ebay... but I was a little dissapointed by the colour. It was called Royal purple and looked much darker..... my intention was to make Mom something for Mother's day, but it's really not her colour. I'ts more of an electric purple, so it has to more of an accessorie piece. So I am making Shimmer . However I'm not sure if I'll have a enough yarn so I'm making it with sleeves that go just past the elbow instead of full length. It's also done on dpns, but we all know I don't do dpns, so I'm reworking the pattern for two needles. It is absolutely lovely yarn to work with and the shrug is done on 5mm needles it shouldn't take too long. Especially considering it's mostly just sleeves.

And of course I haven't set it down for two minutes and somebody's already plotting.

*Sigh*

In other news, Ive posted some new and fabulous designs to Etsy! Check it out! I'll be posting something new every Friday, so be sure to stop by often.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your necklace is lovely! I love beads, one day I will take it on as a hobby...
No help with the cat misbehaving, my cats were always interested in socks.

Samantha said...

LMAO ... Rocky is a riot. Bad little kitty, but from afar its funny. Maybe its time for a squirt bottle ...

The necklace is lovely. :) I really like shimmer. I've been wanting to knit myself a shrug for a long time.

Rhonda said...

Very pretty necklace! And your right, that's not my shade of purple. I'm more of a deep dark brooding plum.

zoom said...

I used to have a very bad puppy who had a thing for dragging works-in-progress around the house and unraveling them around furniture legs and so on. Drove me crazy.

Duncan, fortunately, is freakishly good about knitting. I don't know why; it's certainly nothing I can take credit for.

Heidi said...

Beautiful yarn! So shiny...
Cute kitty ^-^

theresa said...

I like that colour of silk. Pretty necklace. I don't have patience for pets, kids use it all up.