Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In Love

Ah Chunky Yarn... how do I love thee... let me count the ways...

1) you knit up fast
2) you knit up fast
3) you knit up fast
Just a few short hours and one entire ball of yarn later...
...10 inches of fabulous cozy knitting. This is going to be my Dad's Christmas present, so shhhh...
It's a great Patons pattern my mom has had for years... a plain raglan sweater. She made my brother two, made Dave one, and now my Dad is going to get one too!

I was going to splurge on some nice alpaca, but then I remembered it's for my Dad. Not that he doesn't deserve nice expensive yarn (okay some days he doesn't) it's just he's... rugged...

This sweater will probably end up going fishing, hunting and maybe even working on a car or two. My mom made him a sweater years ago (it was dark blue with little red pine trees) and he wore it everywhere. He wore it so much he wore holes in it.
So, I settled on Patons Shetland Chunky, which while not as soft as alpaca, is still pretty nice, but can also be thrown in the washer.
Of course I shouldn't be knitting it at all right now, I should be working on more stuff for Vineyard Alpacas
This is just a simple feather and fan wrap I started on Monday. I dropped off two wraps, two shrugs and a purse (which I stupidly did not take an pictures of) the other day. She wants to have a special sale in Early June, so I have to get knitting.
So much to do, so little time... I think the kids have the right idea

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Is that the real Peno! Nice colour for dad.

Jenn said...

Chunky yarn does knit up quick. I'm not a huge fan of it though.
Yes...the colour is nice, looking good and should be done in no time. :-)

Samantha said...

You're a knitting machine! I've barely done anything as of late.