Thursday, July 10, 2008

What every cat should learn how to do.....

Feed themselves....
This is something Tux learned how to do about six months ago. I buy cat food in giant bags, so to make it easy to feed every day, I keep a tupperware cereal container full of food, and serve tehm from it each day. I have a bad habit of leaving it on the table, which is entirely accessible to cats. Rocky and Peno ignore it... Tux however knows it contains the good stuff. he'll rub on it until it falls over or falls off the table completely. As it's not real tupperware and only a cheap knock-off from the dollar store, the lid comes flying off and kibble goes everywhere.
I know if I don't get woken up two hours before my alarm, I left the food out again and Tux has fed everybody.
Now I've been really diligent about putting it away, because stepping on kibble first thing in the morning isn't pleasant... it's crunchy, pointy, and kind of greasy, all at the same time.
The incident pictured above happened yesterday. I has just brought home a new bag of food from the vet's, fed them and filled up the kibble container. I MADE ABSOLUTE SURE I put the kibble container in the cupboard... however, what I failed to do was far more important.... I didn't put the giant bag in the cupboard.....

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That Tux is nothing but trouble! LOL I like him!

Rhonda said...

Feeding Frenzy!!!!! That'll teach ya!

Jenn said...

Damn crazy cats!! :-) It's usually Rocky that's the troublemaker. lol