Thursday, June 11, 2009

Three little hedgehogs twirling on a branch..

Well it's done... they went in the washer today....
They felted pretty well. Here they are drying on the dryer... if I can keep the cats away from them.

But it's true what they say, you don't realize how much you'll miss something until it's gone.

The grocery stores around here have all started charging 5 cents for plastic bags, so I've been diligently using the reusable bags my mom bought me ages ago.

But I used to use those plastic bags -- for garbage, cat poop, lunches (not in the same bag)... you name it if it went in a bag it went in a plastic grocery bag. Now I've gone and bought white plastic bags for the cat poop and garbage, and I'm going to get some paper bags for my lunch... but I ran into a little dilemma today...

What do I stuff the hogs with while they are drying??? I used to use plastic grocery bags! Oh well, these seem to be holding their shape pretty well on their own so I've left them unstuffed.

In other knitting news...The back and fronts are done on my shrug. Now they are blocking. Just the sleeves left. I was at the dollar store today and came across this acrylic Kidsilk Haze-like yarn in the prettiest shade of grey. Who could resist?

Oh and the other day I was at the Royal Botanical Gardens for a work project (I really do love my job sometimes).Can you say inspiration for some hand-painted yarn???

6 comments:

lexa said...

One of our grocery stores charges 5 cents a bag, but the other one doesn't. I try to remember to take reuseables to that one, and I still get plastic at the other one. I, too, use them for cat litter changes, my bathroom garbage can, etc. They have some people who go and buy a dozen or so of the bags instead of the kitchen catcher bags -- it's cheaper.

Love the hedghogs, I must get that pattern. What kind of yarn do you use for the furry part? A lot of the ones I've looked at use the Lion Brand Fun Fur.

TheBlackSheep said...

Newspaper. Not only will it help them keep their chape, but it will help them dry faster too. Very cut Hedgehogs!

Jeanne said...

Very cute hedgehogs...I use plastic bags for everything - I can't imagine not having them! We do recycle most of them though...

The flowers would make a gorgeous colorway!

Rhonda said...

Looks like burgandy, yellow and natural.

Alisha said...

Your hedgehogs rock!

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, those colors are gorgeous! Definitely a good inspiration :) And the hedgehogs are darling! Also, I know what you mean about the bags -- we use them for dog poop and for putting veggies in from the farmer's market. Also, the paper bags make great recycling bags, but we now use our fabric bags for shopping too, which means we need to think of something else for the recycling (probably just as well, I suppose...). :)