Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wee

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of babies (my nieces and a select few others excepted). Babies are noisy, time consuming and... well... kinda yucky.

But I do like knitting baby stuff.

One - it's knits up quick
Two - small things are just darn cute.
Take this wee sock for example
A co-worker welcomed a new baby boy to his family on Wednesday, so I decided to knit up a pair of baby socks. I was hoping to get them done for tomorrow, but mom and I got a little side tracked today.Since we had today off, Dad was going fishing and Dave was busy in a Canada Day parade, we decided to have a little mommy-daughter dye day. And we might have gone a little crazy... but it was fun.

We dyed some Alley Cat, Top Cat, Fluffy Cat and a little bit of Slinky Cat Lace. The results will should be in the shop next week and I'll try to preview some in the coming days.

And of course, I did manage to bring some home for myself.

A while back, Mom managed to score some naked Skinny Bugga - they are just small skeins, most under 300 yards, but that's perfect for ankle socks!

I dyed a skein up today in my new Spice Trader colourway
Spice Trader is one of those skeins that looks much nicer when the colours are all mixed up, but since it's just for me there was no point in re-skeining it.

Sadly, you'll probably have to wait a while to see this knit up. I have quite a pile of single socks going, so I need to knit them some mates before I start casting on for new ones.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love the Spice Trader colorway - so pretty! Can't wait to see the new yarns up in the shop...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I agree; baby stuff is fun to knit! The sock is very cute. Can't wait to see all the new yarn in the shop. It all looks very pretty on the line!

Lee said...

I think that the back yard looks cool with all those hanks of yarn hanging there I wonder what the neighbors think?
I love those little socks, is that your own pattern?

Monika said...

Spice Trader looks nice. Is it going to be self striping?
I wanted to ask, how do you reskein yarn?

Anonymous said...

that teeny sock is just tooo cute!!!

zoom said...

I just wanted to say that your relationship with your mom sounds lovely. You're both very lucky to have that.

Oh, and Spice Trader? Love the colourway AND the name.