Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Slipping away

Summer seems to be flying. I remember summers that appeared endless when I was a child.
But here we are - already half way through August.

Oh well - not much to do but enjoy each day while you can - right?

Mom got the sock machine together without me
She hasn't had too much of a chance to play with it, as she's on a knitting deadline. I'm waiting for her to work all the kinks out before I play with it.

After seeing Minding My Own Stitches Silk Hankie post... I decided I needed to try it too (it's silk - of course I had to try it!) I bought some undyed ones and Ill be giving them some colour this weekend. I think Mom is a little apprehensive about the whole thing...

Magpie is still being test knit - but I expect to have the pattern ready soon - and Dalhousie will be ready as soon as I get pics.

And the cats...They're just chillin'....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooh, a sock machine, I'm envious. They used to manufacture those in my hometown, way back when.

I'm anxious for summer to end here, too hot. We are in monsoon season so it's oppressive.

Love the cat pile.

TheBlackSheep said...

I be waiting to see how the silk turns out for you. I've been wanting to try it out since I saw the Yarn Harlot's post, but haven't yet got up the courage.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sock knitting machine looks very cool. Gavin wants one - he's a gadget guy!

Can't wait to see how the silk dyes up. I'm completely hooked on the whole experience. I'll post an update on Saturday!

Delusional Knitter said...

Summer is flying by!!! That sock machine looke like an interesting contraption ... a little scary. The cats know what to do on a lazy summer day!

lexa said...

The sock machine looks pretty interesting! I can't believe the kids are soon back in school already. It'll soon be time to start knitting mittens, unfortunatley. :(

Alisha said...

that pile'o cats looks purrfect!

i am looking forward to the routine back to school brings....11:30pm us all eating brownies in the kitchen.....no no no....they need to be in bed!