And spent most of the day resting and napping.
When I did find enough energy for knitting, I ignored Buster, and opted instead to work on a different project.
This one is on my list for Christmas, though honestly, I'll be surprised if I get it done in time(Three blocks post-blocking - two pre-blocking)
The Barn-Raising Quilt.
When I completed my crackghan - I still had loads of scrap sock yarn leftover. I passed quite a bit of it on to other sock-yarn-afghan knitters, but still had lots left. It's now sorted into four buckets - silks, self-striping, semi-solids, and hand paints.
The silks are being saved for something special. The hand-paints are being used in a project I hope to unveil soon. The semi-solids are set aside for a linen stitch scarf (or ten). And the stripes are dedicated to this Barn-Raising.
Each of my squares is 6 inches wide. I've calculated that I'll need at least 60 to make a decent size afghan. I've got enough yarn - as always, I just need the time. Each of these squares takes about two hours - so, I've got about 100 hours to go. Then they need to be sewn together.
I'll have to come up with a back up present for this recipient - though I'd really like to have the blanket done in time. Fingers crossed. (Now excuse me while I go talk to Dave to see if he can build me a time machine!)