While I was up at Mom's today dying more yarn - I took advantage of the opportunity to get some shots of my latest frozen leaves shawlAs mentioned - this was knit for a colleague who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for bone cancer. I knit it in Dale of Noway Svale - a dk weight cotton/viscose/silk blend. The dk made it knit up very fast and I like the nice large leaves.
It was a true stash-buster, using all six skeins I had. I'm glad to have it gone - while the drape and weight is ideal for a shawl, it's terribly splitty. I still have 9 balls of red still in the stash - and it's hard to say what I'm going to do with them.
This is the fourth frozen leaves I've done - and each one has been a little different. This is probably the closest to the original pattern, though I added a centre stitch and modified the edging a bit. Finished size is about 68 inches wide and 34 inches long - a nice big shawl to wrap up in.