Monday, November 27, 2017

Sock slog

Look! Knitting!!!!
I have to admit, the last few weeks have not seen much needle clicking. It started with my trip to NOTL. I didn't have a chance  to knit a stitch there, and when I got home my workload was so high, that when I wasn't working, I didn't have the energy to knit. When I was even remotely motivated to work on something, it involved fabric, not yarn.

But things finally  slowed down on Friday, and I powered through, finishing the first sock of the second pair of Christmas boot socks. These shouldn't feel like a slog - but they do. It makes no sense. It's nice, mindless stocknit. It's worsted, with only 48 stitches to a round, so those rounds add up quick. But it still feels like its taking forever.

I'm hoping I can get through the leg of the second on my train commute home today.  If I could finish this pair before the month is out, I'd feel a whole lot better!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sock sure is a pretty color. Just knit a *little* bit on it. I bet those stripe changes call out for you to knit "just one more".

Bridget said...

I know what you mean. I'm working on a worsted weight pair that I really like and really want to make. But I'm just doing it because I started. What's that about???

Delighted Hands said...

My sympathies! I have one more pair to knit and it is now down the line for a while! lol
This yarn is so pretty-that has to help!

Araignee said...

Woo hoo!!! At least one is done...right?

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Knitting on a train commute sounds so appealing to me. If I know you....that pair of socks will be done before the day is out. ;-)

Eastside Cats said...

Since I have such a long commute, I would really like to have an auto-control car, so I could knit or read a book instead of driving!

kathy b said...

Is that regia? Good luck with a quick finish. Im so tired from our drive to and from oklahoma that i only dare knit a plain fingerless tonight

Jocelyn said...

They are beautiful! I know what you mean, though - sometimes a knit that should seem easy just doesn't work out that way. I hope the sock-knitting mojo starts working on your next ride home :)

Mereknits said...

The socks are wonderful but I completely understand the second sock syndrome. I have only made a few pair and I always have difficulty getting that second one done.

elns said...

I love the colors on these boot socks. Super fun. I know the Second sock symptoms well but I also know what an amazing knitter you are and it will be done before you know it.