Thursday, December 7, 2017

Oakville beginnings

First... thanks for all who entered the Blogaversary contest. I'm sorry, you won't get Rupert in the surprise box either!

Now...With the heavy boot socks done and dusted, it was high time to get back to the On the GO designs. On the weekend I caked up a nice skein of red/brown/orange. It was dyed by Miss Paisley, and she called it Mad Hatter.
This stop is Oakville, and I'm using a modified Fir Cone stitch pattern for a nice, simple lacy sock.

I'd like to say this one will fly off the needles... but I don't want to jinx myself!

8 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Looks like pretty good progress already!

Vera said...

Yes - great progress already! Love the color of the yarn, and the pattern is really pretty. I'm so anxious for you to finish these and publish - LOL - like I have all the time in the world to knit....

Anonymous said...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't jinx it.

P.S. It looks beautiful!

I'd check that prize box very carefully! You know how kitties like boxes!

kathy b said...

As usual you are amazing. Love the color and the pattern

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, gee...no kitten in a box? Bummer, man...
**giggle**

elns said...

Lacy socks! You're so fancy! Your creativity is always so impressive!

Delighted Hands said...

How sweet to see the lace but the smoky red/brown just sets it off!
Nice to see your designer wheels back in action!

Mereknits said...

That yarn is just gorgeous.