Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cats like salad... apparently

I've mentioned before that Rocky is not a normal cat.

Aside from being ridiculously curious, he'll also eat just about anything (and I mean anything... have you ever seen a cat eat almonds? I have... he loves them)

So, when I heard him rustling through the grocery bags I'd just brought in, I shouldn't have assumed he was after the sliced turkey...
It was the lettuce he wanted... the romaine lettuce I had bought to make Dave a Chicken Caesar Salad. I rushed in to shoo him out and found him chomping away at the head of lettuce. I ripped off a piece for him and put the rest in the fridge. He ate the whole thing!
In other news, I'm proud of myself... I managed to finished the final sleeve of Liv this weekend. I've been blocking the pieces one at a time all week, and every time I brought the blocking board out of Dave's studio (the only room the kids aren't allowed in)...

... they took it as an invitation to have a nap. I'm not sure if it's the alpaca or the styrofoam (which holds body heat nicely). Once the final sleeve is done blocking, this will get sewn up, and only a year and a half after I cast on it'll be finished!

I was also a bad girl and cast on another project... the good news is I cast it off a few days later!This is the Celtic Cap by The Girl From Auntie. This is a really well-done pattern and Dave loved it. I have two balls of baby alpaca left from Liv, I think I might make one for myself.

Oh, and Sam made me join Ravelry (which is where I discovered the cap pattern...) I'm Wanderingcat! Wanna be my friend?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Congratulations on the FO! :)

I LOVE that hat. Great pattern, great colour. :)

I made Laurie join ravelry too. LOL

Rhonda said...

Looks like you'll be rollering the cat hair off that sweater. Dave's hat looks great too. I'm so proud. I have to go I feel a tear welling up.

Alisha said...

I love the hat....it almost made me join Ralvery lol I don't need another time suck though.

I love the your cat eating lettuce. That is too cute.

Can't wait to see your sweater all together.