Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Great Staycation: Day 3

I must really love that boy... because he had me up at 7 a.m. this morning.

And it was all about this:
Both Dave and his uncle are classic car guys. The '69 Mustang is his uncles, the '67 Bonneville is Dave's. Today was all about classic cars and showing support for our troops with a fundraising cruise from Port Credit to Oakville and back, with a nice lunch at the legion. The idea is to raise enough money to erect a memorial along the Highway of Heroes.

They didn't get the turn out they were hoping for, likely because it was threatening to storm. But it was fun none-the-less.

Here are some highlights:I didn't get much knitting done because somebody locked my knitting in the trunk when I wasn't looking on the grounds that knitting "wasn't cool enough" to do in a classic car on parade. Looks like he just screwed himself out of a new pair of socks! I did manage some before it went MIAIt's the second ankle sock in Wollmeise. I'm about halfway done the heel.

After lunch, we took a jaunt into Toronto to pick up mom's motherboard and then headed back to Dave's to relax and give some love to Mopar:Now we're back home, I'm pouring a glass of wine and putting my feet up, and Dave is reassembling Mom's laptop.

Tune in tomorrow for... I don't know yet, we don't have any plans.... except sleeping in!

6 comments:

lexa said...

I plan on sleeping in, too, provided Hurricane Bill doesn't have other plans! It's due to start through the night here.

My Hubs has a 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood that was his father's. He died suddenly six years ago last June, so he inherited it. It needs body work, though. It hasn't been driven yet this year and probably won't since it's the end of August already. Hopefully next year we can fix her up!

You can see a picture of the car in the middle of the post here: http://knitoftime.blogspot.com/2008/07/non-knitting-interlude.html

Minding My Own Stitches said...

From what I can see on Radar, today may be a nice day weather-wise. I'd plan something vacation-y that gets you out of the house.

Rhonda said...

Definately, no socks for him!!!!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you are having a nice stay-cation - but I hope you get to sleep in a bit!

Knitting Linguist said...

You'd think that what with the waking up early and all, he could at least have let you keep your knitting ;)

Samantha said...

What a great cause! :)