Monday, November 1, 2010

Stubborn

It's 0 degrees Celsius outside. It's probably close to that inside. I'm wearing fleece jammies, fingerless gloves, felted slippers and a blanket - but I am NOT turning on the furnace! I will live in complete denial that winter is on it's way!

Actually, I'm just not turning it on because after I post and take out the garbage, I'm grabbing the furry kids, heading up to bed and snuggling down under a pile of blankets - so there's not much point tonight.

If tomorrow is this cold, I will be firing up the heat-maker! It's too hard to knit with cold fingers

In the mean time - here is a quick peek at the shawl I'm making out of Monika's handspun
The picture doesn't really do it justice, but I can't get a better one. I used up the batteries in my camera at the wedding, so I only get enough juice for one pic at time before it dies. Then I have to leave it off for an hour and I can squeeze another quick pic out of it.

I'm knitting the Holden Shawlette -but as you can see, I'm still on the stockknit portion. I love the way the colours are striping and this is going to be so pretty when it's done - not to mention so nice and soft (and warm!) to wear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lordy --- I think I would have the furnace stoked up by now.

You are a brave woman!

Monika said...

I used to use my birthday Nov. 11 as the day to turn on the heat, to the annoyance of the rest of the family. :o) But now I think, why suffer? Lately I feel the cold more, then I used to, and it's no fun.
It's always interesting to see my yarn all knit up. These colors are hard to photograph, I didn't get great pictures myself. I like this shawl, and have it on my to do list now. :o)

gayle said...

We had to cave in and turn on the furnace - it was too hard to spin or knit while shivering with numb fingers...
Love that shawlette! Can't wait to see how the yarn looks in the lacy bits.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's -2°C outside this morning, but thanks to the extra insulation we added this summer, it's 20°C inside. We're thinking we can maybe keep the furnace off until after we return from vacation in December!

Cuddle and stay warm!