... I finally have some decent shots of my Lore Hoodie.
Once I got the buttons in the right place, it fit a little better, so I'm pretty happy with it. I would eventually like to change out the faux-horn toggles for some nice plain wooden ones, but I haven't been able to find any I like just yet. The faux-horn ones were in Mom's stash, so they'll do the job for now.
There are several mods to this pattern - the most obvious are the sleeves. The pattern calls for plain 1/2 sleeves, but since I wanted to wear this as a coat - that wasn't going to cut it. Not long after starting the lace for the skirt, I had the brain-wave to mimic it on the sleeves. The result, as you can see, is a nice bell sleeve.The pattern also calls for chunky - but I used a super-chunky. knit on 6.5 mm needles, it created a nice thick, firm fabric, better suited to outwear than a cardigan I think. Final mods were small construction-based changes. I didn't bother casting off at the neck, then picking up stitches for the hood - I just kept knitting the hood. Also, I grafted the seam of the hood closed instead of casting off and seaming. For the front bands, I knit them right to the edge (much like the construction of the 10-stitch blanket) - saving another little bit of sewing.
This yarn is an alpaca/merino/silk blend (dyed by me). We don't carry it in our shop, it was something special offered by our supplier - but I can recreate the colour (Vampy). I have some in Fluffy Cat Lite in my stash. It definitely is warm - it was hovering around freezing today while I was out and about and I wore this instead of my winter coat.
So, all in all, not a bad pattern and garment. My fingers are starting to itch to make a cardigan now...