Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last project of the year

It took all day to knit 10 rows but...

The shawl is now blocking.You can't see it, but I added beads (the pattern didn't call for them). The reason for this is two-fold. I like beads... and I like the weight they add to a shawl. A proper FO post will follow in the new year with all the details.

All in all I knit 54 projects this year. (Tomorrow in my Surmount the Stash post, I'll tally up the yearly yardage.)

I had a few goals this year.

1) Knit at least four (adult) sweaters: I actually made five! And as you know - one of them was a man sweater!!

2) Knit one pair of socks for everyone in my family, plus a few for me (10 pairs total): Done! There were actually 11 pairs knit. One for each member of the family, some for extended family, and a couple for me.

3) Finish one afghan:  Nope... no afghans finished. In fact I barely worked on any at all. I have a couple scrap sock yarn afghans on the go, but really made no progress.


4) Knit a lace weight shawl: Well... I didn't do that, but I did make some lovely fingering weight ones. Actually, this year was a little light on the shawl side, with only six shawls made this year. I actually just caked up some lace weight - so maybe I can try to conquer that goal this year.

So - although I only met two of my goals, I'm counting this year as a pretty darn good one knitwise! Tune in next year for some 2013 knit goals!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an EXCELLENT year for your knitting. The last project is just beautiful. I love that gradient color.

Monika said...

Happy New Year, Valerie! I can't wait to see this shawl in daylight. I thought I saw some sparkling going on in the picture.

Ha! We almost made the same amount of FO's!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I think you rocked it this year!
5 sweaters + 11 pairs of socks + 6 shawls = a TON of knitting!

kathy b said...

I had a pretty knit productive year too, but did not meet my goal of 13 pairs of socks in 2012. I think I finished 6 pairs though. NOt sure about my goals for knitting in 2013....still a little time left

WildflowerWool said...

Wow, that was a lot of knitting. Love the new shawl!!