Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back



Just a few of my favourite projects
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement for Tux and his impending procedure. I'm trying but failing, not to be nervous. I'll keep you all updated how things go on Thursday.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready to ring in the new year with Dave at the cottage. I think it will be nice - I haven't been there in a few years and it will just be the two of us, a nice fire and a bottle of wine - the perfect way to say good by to another year, I think.

2013 was a pretty good year, knitwise. A quick calculation shows that I completed 48 projects this year. It's true, that's a little less than a couple of previous years, but there were a few larger projects this year. And work, and moving cut into my knitting time.

The above count includes three adult-sized cardigans, four shawls, nine pairs of socks, and let's not forget the barn-raising quilt, among many other smaller projects like hats and mitts and toys.

I released three designs this year (and started several others, which will hopefully be released in 2014).

I got to travel to Virginia and play with Ravelry friends...
... not to mention exploring the past. (Word has it we'll be exploring the Finger Lakes region in 2014... and if I can swing it a road trip to Boston).

Like any other year, it's been one with ups and downs. I lost my grandfather, and you all know about Tux's trials.

 But overall, it's been a pretty good year.  And I've got a great feeling about 2014.

So, here's wishing you and yours all the best in the coming year! And thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

48 projects is a ton for 2013 with all the other things you've had going on - that's almost one a week!

Good luck on Thursday - I'll be thinking of you and Tux- and best wishes for a great 2014!

kathy b said...

I pray to St. Francis for the animals I know of, in need. ONe to pray to him for Tux. His statue is outside my kitchen window…
God Bless Tux

Anonymous said...

They say what you do at midnight on New Year's Eve is what you will do for the rest of the year.

It sounds like you will be relaxing and enjoying yourself. May that be true for the rest of 2014!

Happy New Year!

Araignee said...

Best wishes for you and Tux for the new year. I will be thinking of him and sending positive thoughts your way all week. In the meantime try and enjoy your time at the cottage. I know, easier said than done. Wine will help. Lots of it.

Delusional Knitter said...

Happy New Year!! I'll keep Tux in my thoughts. If you do make it to Boston be sure to let me know - maybe we can meet up!!

lexa said...

Happy New Year!