It's been a few weeks since I finished up the last square of the barn-raising blanket. I haven't really mentioned it here, but I haven't been neglecting it.
I originally planned to join the squares by picking up the edges, and doing a three needle-bind off with black yarn. And I did just that... but it looked like total crap. Not being a crocheter, my only other option was to sew all the squares together... slowly.
Because of the different yarns, not all the squares are exactly the same size. I knit them all to the same amount of stitches, but I probably should have knit them by inch, not stitch. Some of the squares bubble a little when sewn together, because they are just a touch larger.
But the resulting blanket will still be cozy, even if it's not perfectly flat.
I do think I'm going to have to suck it up and attempt a single crochet around the outside to finish it off nicely... but I'll cross that road when I get to it.