Sunday, July 24, 2011

Magpie - v1.

Thank you to all of you for your compliments and suggestions for Magpie.

And thank-you to Mangofeet who reinforced my thought to make another one and offer both versions in the pattern . That's just what I'm going to do. Especially after seeing the first Magpie in her final photo shoot today.This one is done with just one skein of Slinky Cat (colour is Steel Magnolias) and several hundred beads (I have yet to properly count). As mentioned, it's 72 inches wide and 15 inches deep, and the combo of the slik and beads creates just the right amount of weight and drape.When I started this design, I didn't really have anything in mind, other than knowing I wanted it wide but shallow, with a garter base done in short rows.I also knew I wanted lots of beads and some very open lace. More often than not, this is the way I design - a vague idea that evolves along the way.
And while this one turned out much larger than expected, it has everything else I wanted

Open lace...
And lots of shimmery beads.

10 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful! The colorway and beads work so well together too!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lovely. I think a smaller size is a good idea!

Knitting Linguist said...

It's just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

The beads are just lovely! Beautiful job on the shawl!

TheBlackSheep said...

WOW! I bow to your superior patience. Beautiful!

gayle said...

It really is gorgeous! And it looks fun to knit as well. Win-win!

zoom said...

Stunning. I can't believe you can make something like that up as you go along. You have the instincts of an artist.

RobinH said...

That's gorgeous! Lovely work. Fancy enough to flaunt the beads, but simple enough to let the yarn shine.

Knatolee said...

Very pretty! I love the beadwork.

Alisha said...

you are so talented....i love this!