Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Undying Undine

The Undine KAL is still going strong - and we've had some great entries. As I mentioned early, I'm going to be putting together the prize pack this week. But there's still 19 days left to enter!

Here's a look at just some of the entries so far

My dear friend SamanthaR5 is actually on her FOURTH pair, but I think these tweedy black ones are my favourite of the group.
Ariagnee made this delicious stripey pair that look good enough to eat!
 Delusional Knitter made this lovely varigated pair in perfect under the sea colours
Mom even got in on the game and made this pair that's to die for (seriously, I might just steal them next time I visit)
And check out this clever pairing of colour by Jatshaw
I just love them all. It's a good thing the winner is chosen by draw, because I don't think I could choose otherwise!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Thankful - the garden edition

In a few hours, we're off to dinner at Dave's uncle's. It's an absolutely splendid fall day, so I thought it appropriate to share the things I'm thankful for in my garden this month.

I'm thankful for...

Peachy surprises!
I thought the Hibiscus had only red and yellow flowers (which were both perfectly lovely) but one day she suddenly started popping our peach ones!

Baby bunbun!
Not so baby any more! And I'm thankful all the bunbuns keep coming around, despite being chased by Peno every other week.

Garden Kale!
Still not eating it (no, not even as "chips"), but I couldn't resist adding these two beauties to the fall gardenscape.

Slow blooming!
But still at it - only one or two flowers at a time, but I'll take what I can get (and plant them earlier next year.

Still blooming!
That coffee infusion worked wonders. And here we are - middle of October and the Butterfly Bush is still covered in blooms.

Last dance!
The last of my Blue Girl roses for the year. And probably the last rose period - after this week, the weather is suppose to turn colder, and we'll have frost soon enough.

It's been a great year in the gardens. I still have much to do this week to get things ready for winter, but I'm definitely thankful for all I've accomplished in my small space.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Dye another day

It's been quite a while since I've played in the dye pots. I didn't have any particular plan in mind when I went up to Mom's yesterday for a little dye session, I just thought I'd see what happened
... and that happened. Seven skeins of Barn Cat. Some fall shades, some summer shades, some spring shades. Just a little bit of colourful fun.

Oh, and I also got the Grand Prize Skein done for the Undine KAL (ending October 31st)
Just a fun little self-striper I'm calling "Mermaid Party".

And don't forget - the sale is still on in the shop -  free shipping on ANY purchase (no minimum) - just use the code STUFFTHESHIPPING at checkout!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Stuff the shipping

It's Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada and we are so thankful for all of you wonderful people who give us a reason to dye yarn (well, we have a reason - we like it - but without you, one of us would end up falling and suffocating under a mountain of skeins, only to be found a few weeks later when the other went to find that skein she knew was hiding in there somewhere).

To say thank-you for your patronage (and saving one of us from a horrible, yarn-related death) all weekend-long, we're giving you the opportunity to tell us to stuff the shipping!
That's right - free shipping on ANY purchase (no minimum) - just use the code STUFFTHESHIPPING at checkout!

I'm up to the studio now.. maybe making some new yarn will help revive my knitting mojo.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Felines

Hey - sorry for the radio silence the last few days.

The knitting mojo has not returned, but that's okay because there's been barely any time to knit anyway!

Work has been insanely busy... but as of 6 p.m. today... I'm on vacation! So I'm going to take a tip from Tux...
...and revel in it!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A study of raindrops

Over the past few months, I've been documenting the garden after the rain. I love the way rain drops just sit on the leaves after a good misting. I've got an album going on my facebook, but I thought I'd share a few of my favourites here

Monday, October 5, 2015

Knit town funk

My knitting mojo has just up and left....

...and it didn't even leave a note.

I had seven projects on the needles, and I didn't want to work on any of them. I managed a couple of inches on Sandpoint, but I kept setting it down. I had no desire to pick up any of the four pairs of socks I had on the go. Not even my second pair of Undine could tempt me (I'm actually considering sending them to the frog pond.) Even the siren song of my Slinky Cat shrug design wasn't even remotely tempting.

So I did what any sane knitter would do in such an emergency...

I cast on for a new project
This is the beginning of the Maple Leaf Shawl.  I'm knitting it in Slinky Solo in an amazing shade of rich, foresty brown. It's full of red, gold and amber highlights...

But alas, even that wasn't enough to light my fire....

That picture is about as far as I got. I spent the rest of the weekend playing Candy Crush. My knit groove better return soon... I've got deadlines...