Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You got it Buster.

Last night I got felled by something that feels suspiciously like the flu. I hope it's not.

But today, I played it safe, snuggled up on the couch with the cats and lots of warm woolens (socks, cardi and crackghan). And, it gave me a chance to get started on the next baby cardi.

I took another quick look through the books I borrowed off Mom, and came across Buster.I'm not sure how I missed it on the first pass, but I think it's a gender neutral pattern that still manages to have some style.

I managed to get the back and the left front finished. I'm using Pingostar (yellow) and Sirdar Tiny Tots (green). My star is a little wonky, I'm not that great with colourwork - but at least I'm not bored out of my mind.

The sleeves, collar and button will be yellow, and you know I'll be on the hunt for the perfect star-shaped buttons this weekend.

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

very cute, I've got to make something for a baby soon too; friend's are expecting. Using handspun multi-coloured yarn though so something simple will be good.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute! The colours are great! As for the flu-lie symptoms, that calls for Cod Liver Oil on the double!

Araignee said...

Feel better!

TheBlackSheep said...

Very cute! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Delusional Knitter said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Love that pattern, very cute.

Monika said...

It's a cute baby sweater. Good thing they knit up so quickly!

gayle said...

That's adorable! Perfect choice for gender-neutral with style.
Hoping it's not the flu...

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that is VERY cute!