For once, I am actually ahead of my goals on a knitting project.
As you might have guessed, the Lore hoodie is steaming right along, mostly thanks to super-chunky yarn and tension of 3 stitches/4 rows per inch!
I put the second lace half of the sleeve on the blocking board tonight, and since the first one was dry, I got a head start on knitting the upper half.As mentioned earlier, these sleeves are a serious modification. The pattern calls for slim half sleeves. But I've opted for a full-length bell sleeve. To accomplish that, I've knit the bottom half in fir cone lace to match the body.
Also, many other knitters have mentioned that the sleeves, as written in the pattern, tend towards the snug size. Some quick calculations determined it would likely be the case for me as well. And, since I plan to use this as a jacket instead of a cardigan, a little more room is always nice - so I added some increases to the upper portion - I should have an inch or so of extra room around my arm to accommodate whatever I'm wearing underneath it.
If this knit keeps going at this pace, I could be done far sooner than expected. Of course, that could all change when I get both sleeves and the body on the needles together. Knitting in one piece may make for less seaming, but it does make for a heavier knit in your lap!
And... just because he's old, but still cute