One of the questions I get asked frequently is... how do you knit so much, so fast? I don't think I'm a particularly fast knitter, however, I do have more time to devote to it than most people I think. This is because:
1) I don't have children. Well, I do.. but they look like this:
And they are quite content to curl up in a pile of yarn right alongside me.
2) I'm a horrible housekeeper. I have no problem neglecting the sweeping, mopping, laundry, dusting... whatever... in favour of knitting. Speaking of which, I think I'm running out of clean underpants....
3) I do cook, but only on the weekends (week nights Dave and I are different schedules, so it's usually fend for yourself and I end up eating cereal or chips). When I do cook, I've mastered the "set it and forget it" meal (aka slowcooker) or it's a quick-fix meal - prepped and cooked in 30 minutes.
4) Because I cook, Dave cleans the kitchen.
5) When the knitting bug bites hard (which is frequently), I'm more than happy to neglect all other hobbies (drawing, sewing, crafting, writing etc) for it.
6) I have a steady supply of tv shows and movies on DVD and completely control over the remote (seriously, I don't think Dave even knows how to work the DVD player) so I've always got something to watch, which I find makes it easier to engage in knitting for long periods.
7) When I'm sitting and knitting, Dave is more than happy to blow up zombies or sink battleships, so there's no interference from that corner.
8) I don't have much of a social life. Most of our friends live and hour or more away, so we only get together every few months. And I've always been more happy chilling at home than out partying.
9) I'm able to knit at work. I eat my lunch at my desk while I'm working and then I have a full hour to sit and knit - it's just too bad my work wasn't easier to commute by train to - I'd have even more time to knit!
So basically, I do nothing but knit....and now... I have a full weekend of it planned.... so I better get to it!