Monday, September 8, 2008

A-Okay

First an update:
A reader recently asked if Tux's fat lip was any better...

He says "Yes, thank you, it's just fine."

The swelling went down after a couple of weeks. It never seemed to cause him any pain, and from the reading I did, it looks like it was probably just an allergic reaction to something, or he bit a bug that bit back.

Onward and upward.

It was another busy weekend. Saturday bright and early mom and dad delivered a new (to me) dryer because mine crapped out a few weeks ago. Since Dave and I were up out of bed much earlier than normal we decided to get a lot accomplished.


We went to the beer store and took our empties back, and did some brief business at Bell Mobility (well Dave did... I won't deal with Bell for any reason). We got some lunch at Swiss Chalet. Between the gift card that had been sitting in my wallet since March and the change from the empties, lunch was free! We then headed out to Brantford so Dave could get a new starter for the great white whale:
The starter it had wasn't a performance starter and didn't like to start when it's hot... not a good idea for a summer car. And since we were in the Brantford area and Dave made me stand around a performance shop for half an hour, I made him drive me down the road to Mary Maxim so he could follow me around for an hour and a half!

I got some new yarn (only $1.49 a ball... I bought six) and some findings I've been needing, as well as some denim patches to repair Dave's jeans:
Plus some more fabric... I guess I better get my other quilt top together so I can make this one:


And to get even remotely close to being able to do that, I had to clean out the studio. So between cleaning and doing the laundry that piled up while I was dryerless, it was a pretty busy Sunday too.

Of course I didn't get to any sewing, and with the Pagan Harvest Festival looming, I probably won't get any done until next week.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay for Mary Maxim! :) I went to Lens on Sunday. :)

Alisha said...

I need to make a visit to Mary's place. I have never been there. Get buys.

I hope your successful at the festival. Your earrings from a few posts back were beautiful.

Can't beat a "free" lunch!!