Sunday, May 9, 2010

Might as well face it - I'm addicted to shawls.

This morning I woke up with two things in my head - Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" and a design for a new shawl.

Knowing, like my writing, the only way to get this new design out of my head was to start working on it - I cast on after breakfast (so much for cleaning the house today).I know it's hard to see the pattern, but I'm calling it "My Pet Dragon" so as you can guess, it's scale-like. I'm using our Top Cat yarn, and the colour is Magnolia. Every time I knit with it I can't get over how soft it is - I'm so glad we found a supplier with fantastic bases.

In case you were wondering, I have done a little more work on the feather and fan shawl, and would be further if I didn't get distracted by dream knitting...I really love the colours, and how the pattern makes them ripple. Upon closer inspection, I also discovered that it is not exactly like the Feather and Fan Comfort shawl - the comfort shawl uses an 18-stitch repeat, I used a 12. So, when this is done, I will do up a pattern and put it on Ravelry and share it with all of you!

And last, but not least - Happy Mother's Day to the woman who made this sad, sad addiction possible...

6 comments:

Monika said...

You just keep popping them out! It's nice to be able to get it out of your head, with such lovely yarn. The f & f shawl looks great in those colors!
Hm, I've got the addiction for chocolate from MY mother.

Rhonda said...

Where did you find that nasty picture? You are so toasted when I get my hands on you.

Araignee said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom. I would have loved to have had a daughter who was working on 2 shawls at a time!

Lee said...

The feather and fan shawl reminds me of those sands stone boulders with the ripples of colors, just more bold and bright. I love them both.

Knitting Linguist said...

That shawl looks absolutely gorgeous! So thanks to your mom for getting you hooked so that we can benefit ;)

Samantha said...

*pointing and laughing*

Valerie is in trouble from her Mommy. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

The shawls are gorgeous. I love the name. :)