Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A box of awesome

A little while back, one of the blogs (Knitnut) I faithfully read had a little contest. A just for fun contest. Zoom, proprieter of Knitnut.net toook a picture of a giant snowpile near her house (several stories high) and offered us a chance to guess when it would melt. The correct guesser would win a prize.

I picked a date out of the sky (May 2nd) and ... it was the right one!

Zoom and I wnet back and forth a little on what my prize would be - I wanted her cat Duncan (who is arguably one of the handsomest cats on the internet), but she said she was a little attached to him. She offered me a baby lovebird, but I was worried it would end up as a little kitty snack, so she promised she'd come up with something suitable.

Well my prize arrived today - and yeah... I'd call it suitable...
What you see there is a "Crazy Cat Lady" action figure (complete with six cats and two more on her person), a book of lost pet posters from around the world (including a neat little flip book on the pages) yummy dark chocolate, a scary fish-mosnter Pez dispenser (he's cool!) some toy mice for the kids, a feather from one of her birds (I'm guessing Kazoo....) and a picture of Duncan!

The only thing you don't see pictured is a baggy of cat nip from Duncan's own stash - I had to hide it or the kids would try to eat the whole bag - just a sniff was enough to send them into crazies!

The Cat Lady is totally going to work with me tomorrow. My coworker and I share a cubicle, and our colleagues call it the dorm room, because of the way we decorated it - this will fit right in!

So - the snow melted and I got a prize! That's definitely enough to cheer up this rainy day! Thanks Zoom!

6 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh that's a riot!

Monika said...

Ha, that's a fun package!

pendie said...

Congrats; sounds like the perfect prize for the neighborhood yarn junkie cat lady!

Lynn said...

Soooo cool. I believe your PEZ guy is The Missing Link from the movie Monsters vs. Aliens:

http://tinyurl.com/3ma4yty

TheBlackSheep said...

Fun package! I've stopped reading Knitnut's blog (time restraints), but I do miss Duncan. It was good to see a pic of him.

gayle said...

The Crazy Cat Lady action figure is beyond awesome...