Monday, April 30, 2012

Surmount the Stash - April Round Up

Looking back, April wasn't near as productive as I thought. That appears to be because some of the things I was working on aren't finished yet, so they will have to be part of another month's round up.

It still wasn't bad though. Naturally, my biggest accomplishment was my lace vest.
It used up almost two skeins (approx 855 yards) that have been in my stash for a couple of years now. Kudos to me!

Next would be my newest design, a pair of lace socks that I just finished last night.

These used a skein of Alley Cat BFL that's been kicking around for a few months, at approx 360 yards. (Pattern and better pics coming soon)

The only other project that got completed this month was Octavius Bob - the Octopus I knit for my coworker (he just got his name today!)

I will admit,  I dyed up the Fat Cat just for this project, but as it's Wandering Cat Yarn, it doesn't count as stash enhancement! I did use leftover Tabby Cat for the underside, and more of the Fat Cat will get used up on another Octopus requested by another friend. Octavius Bob brings my used yardage up by another 100 yards.

My total this month is 1,315 yards knit. That makes it 4,294 yards knit this year so far!

If you look at this from my goal perspective, I've made some good progress too.

1)Knit four sweaters this year
As far as I'm concerned, the vest is cardigan-like enough to count as a sweater. So that puts my count at two completed (You may recall the Lore Hoodie as sweater number 1)! Woohoo

2) Knit 10 pairs of socks (5 for family, 5 for me!)
Theses socks make pair number 2! So I have 4 left for family, and 4 for me!

Not too shabby after all!
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finishes. That's a lot of projects!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Any month where you finish a shawl, a vest or a sweater is a very good month indeed. Octavius Bob is the perfect name, btw!

Frieda said...

You done good , 1315 yards knit is pretty amazing ! That wouldn't even be a quarterly total for me these days . Btw your vest is outstanding , very ,very nice !

Araignee said...

Not productive? I get tired just seeing everything you manage to accomplish!

Monika said...

Sounds good to me! :o)

Delusional Knitter said...

You're doing great! I love Octavius Bob!

gayle said...

I agree with Araignee.
And everyone else, for that matter...

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow! Very productive!