When I haven't been working on sock designs, I've been working on my Layla shawl. I picked it up Sunday after a few days break and was knitting away without the chart.
I was making great progress when I decided to check the pattern and see how many more leaf motifs it called for (I was planning on doing more, but I wanted to gauge my finished size by what was done in the sample.).
And that's when I realized, for the last kerbillion rows (also known as at least eight bloody inches of fingering weight knitting....) I was doing the leaf motif completely wrong!!!
The first few sets of leaves were longer than the next nine or so (a whole row longer for each leaf... not to mention, wider...). And readers who know me... yeah, I totally considered saying - a screw it - it's fine - and I can fudge it when I get to the transition chart.
But, I wasn't entirely happy with the way I was beading it anyway... so I took it as a sign and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIBIITTTT!!!
Frogged the whole darn thing. I spent the last few evenings re-knitting and re-beading.
I'm not quite up to the distance where I frogged it, but I'm close... and I'm much happier with the beading this time around.