I'm finally starting to get my studio in order, and I've been just itching to take my new/old machine for a test drive. But first I had to do a little light reading...
Once I had bobbin winding and threading figured out, I was rocking. First up, I grabbed a couple left-over squares from the cat quilt.
A few minutes later....
Perfect coaster! (Can't mar the finish on the desk - Dave put so much work into it.)
Second task... time to get a move on the pinwheels I started ages ago. I had enough half-square triangles (HSTs) cut to make 27 wheels.
The machine only does straight stitch, but that's all you need to piece quilts! The machine does have a seam guide, but it's screw is missing, so as you can see, I had to get creative.
Soon enough I was flying, and a few hours later, all those HSTs turned into squares. Then those squares were turned into rectangles. I could have continued, but I long ago learned the lesson not to push my sewing. Mistakes start happening, and soon I'm doing nothing but ripping seams.
So now I've got a nice little tub of half pinwheels ready to be sewn into full pinwheels... as soon as I'm rested and rejuvenated!