Sunday, December 23, 2007

Only two more sleeps...

Well, only two more nights till Christmas...
I'm pretty much ready and so are the cats.

Tux has checked out all the presents...

Peno is keeping warm by the fire (or would be if I had a fire place.. so she's settled for a warm lamp)

And Rocky has snuggled into bed, waiting for Santa.

All I have left is some baking... I was going to do it this weekend, but Dave didn't buy his gramma a present, so most of my weekend was spent making her this...

It's Coronet from Knitty
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTcoronet.html
I made a few modifications to the shaping, knit it on two needles instead of dpns ( I hate dpns)and added the tassles.
I made it in Caron Simple Soft Shadows. Very nice and I like tthe subtle effect you get with the colour

I'm now working on this for the girlfriend of Dave's friend Chris.

I gotta say, while I love how it looks, I'm not love knitting it. It's VERY tedious. Thank goodness there are only five stitches to a row and you get a lot of length in just a few rows.
We are going to see them on New Year's so I don't have to super-rush to get it done.

Well Merry Christmas to all...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think it looks lovely. I would have like to see the hat in person though.

Samantha said...

Nice knits! :) The tree looks great too ... and presents! ooooh!!