Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blarg

No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth it's just been a hectic/painful/sickly/crappy week and a half.

Good news: I got my camera back, but no pictures yet. I've been too busy/in pain/dying/phleghmy to bother snapping and downloading (maybe later tonight after my nap, but probably not)

Despite what mom's blog shows, I've been in a lot of pain (but how can you say no to a four-year-old who wants to play in the leaves - after you convinced her she wouldn't get lice if the leaves got in her hair)

Fortunately, you can knit lying down so it's been a productive week-and-a-half despite the fact I've been chewing tylenol-3s like candy and have a sacro-illeac that just doesn't want to go back into place. I got a fair bit done on the silk shawl before I had to put it down to work on some stuff for Vineyard Alpacas. She's having a grand opening of her coach house store this weekend (and I'm totally going to miss the deadline).

In fact, I was motoring right along until Dave gave me his cold. And it's a doozy... I never knew the human body was capable of manufactuering that much phlegm... and I've drank so much cough syrup my pee smells like medicine... weird.


Anyway, like I said I was doing well until the cold, which has just sucked the energy right out of me. I'm sitting her drinking a neo-citrine then it's back up to bed for a nap.

Oh and admist all this pain and phlegm, I've been running around helping dad do some body work on my old/new car and getting it safetied and e-tested and put in my name.

I am now the proud owner of a beige Ford Focus Wagon... not that is not excitement, it's PURE SARCASM.... in the spring I'm painting it pink!


The kids have the right idea now I'm going to join them

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Whine, whine, whine, ooh I see Phantom cat or is that the stuffed version.

Alisha said...

Oh my gosh I love your cats!!

Sorry to hear you have been down and out. I have the two oldest home today with whatever cold is going around. My middle daughter struggled through all week but today it did her in. She slept until just now (2pm). Good thing she stayed home.

Samantha said...

Awww, that's shitty. And I'm not talking about the pain or the cold, I'm talking about the being the owner of a ford part. Seriously, my heart goes out to you.

Feel better soon!