Monday, November 30, 2009

The Most Exciting Contest EVER...

... well I think so any way.

If you've been over to Mom's blog you've already heard about:

BOSS CAT'S BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT!!!!
(Boss Cat would be me... mom is doing all the work lately, I'm just supervising and throwing around unsolicited advice)

In celebration of my impending 30th birthday on December 12th (feel free to send me presents!) we are holding a special contest.

From December 1st to 12th, every item purchased at Wandering Cat Yarns will give the purchaser one entry into the contest. On December 13th, we will take all those entries and draw for three prize packages - one for each fantabulous decade of my life!

Each package will include:
1 skein of Wandering Cat Yarns - a special Boss Cat Birthday colourway
1 sock pattern - which has ties to the birthday theme
1 set of stitch markers - also in keeping with the birthday theme

So, buy for Christmas, buy for yourself and win some free yarnz! Mom's just put up some new colours and with the way she's dyeing it up there's sure to be more coming (I think someone put crack in our dye powder - cause she's totally addicted.)

This one is my favourite
(It's called Grendel - she wouldn't let me call it Troll Bogies)

And, now I'd like to share with you a little Birthday story

Some of you already know, I have a lot of friend and family birthdays in December (five family members, three friends) - apparently every one likes to get it on in March...

...anyway, obviously I'm no exception.

Except I was supposed to be. I was supposed to be born some time in late November. But, never one to be told what to do and how to do it, I made my debut two weeks late. Interestingly enough, I also decided to grace everyone with my presence just a few short hours before my brother's birthday - he turned two the very next day.As you can see, he never really got over it... but damn! I'm adorable!

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

He really does look pissed, doesn't he. You coulda told them the story about him driving the car up your head and getting all you pretty hair tangled in the wheels. Oh man, I got a million of them.
And aren't you glad I'm addicted to yarn and not crack!!!!!

Samantha said...

LMAO! That picture is hilarious! I love it! :)

Fern said...

Love the photo of you & your brother. So stinkin' cute! :)
31everything.com

lexa said...

My Oldest One was born on January 7. I was due on the 23rd or 24th. Then when I got pregnant with the Littlest One I was due on the 23rd or 24th (I can't remember who was which!) All I heard was, "You aren't having him on MY birthday!" lol! There is three years and one week between them -- the Littlest One came on the 14th.

My mother's neigbors had a son born June 6 or thereabouts. She had her daughter three years later on the same date! They didn't even realize til later that evening that L was born on her brother's birthday.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, now that's just mean! It sounds like y'all need a contest to get everyone to celebrate his birthday, too, lest he be jealous ;)

Jeanne said...

Great picture of you and your brother!

Gorgeous yarn!

Jenn said...

omg that's an awesome picture. I don't recall ever seeing that. I need that photo on my wall. LMAO
That is great!!

Haley said...

i love the picture. priceless! keep it always!

Anonymous said...

I just love that pic!!ROFL!!!!