Wow! Two posts in one day.... (if you want to see how the day began, scroll down and read the previous post)
I got a few more things accomplished and wanted to share. As mentioned earlier, I wanted to get a good start on the GTO quilt, and I did.
This time my helper was Tux:That's the problem with having cats and quilting... any time you have to spread anything out, they think you are doing it just for them. This one gets quite indignant when you make him move too.
I had a few problems along the way (other than cat help). The black and white squares are broadcloth, and as I was ironing the seams flat, all the white squares shrunk, but not the black. (Note to self -there is a reason real quilters use quilting cotton). So, that basically made the decision on whether to quilt or tie for me. The seams didn't line up enough for me to stitch-in-the-ditch, as was my plan. So it got tied.
I was going to do the binding with the leftover black broadcloth, but then I remembered I had bought some black satin blanket binding to make a blanket for Dave (he brought home some tartan fabric a few weeks ago and wants a blanket from it), so I thought it would be easier.... yes and no... satin is slippery.. thank heavens for pins and lots of them.
So the blanket isn't quite perfect, but it's for a six-year-old and he won't care if there are a few puckers and the corners aren't perfectly aligned.
And I could never be accused of being a perfectionist... ...so I am quite pleased! And I have a few hours before bed... I guess I'll stretch out and knit something.
(and no the floor didn't get mopped.. but one more day won't make it that much worse....)