It's been one whirlwind long weekend... so lets do this by the numbers...
1) The very first thing I have to do is say thank you to all of you - you guys are awesome. Eostre has been favourited 182 times, is in 45 queues, and there are 42 entrants for the contest. You have no idea how much is means that people actually like my designs.
2) Apparently the tribute to the Goddess of Spring was acceptable. Saturday was warm and sunny... so warm and sunny that I took the top off Stella and drove around for three hours... and promptly got sunburned! Ow.
3) Friday Dave and I made a long overdue visit to see my grandparents. When we walked in, my grandma was in the process of cursing her computer, as she was trying to print some rudimentary wedding invitations. It seems my Aunt is getting married in July. I was quickly recruited to help fix the problem, and in true Valerie style, I took over the project. I have a bit of a wedding problem - I love them. So if there is a crafty wedding project about, I want to be in on it.
I spent a good part of Saturday night redesigning and printing, and most of Sunday morning cutting, ribboning and bling-ifying the invites. I forgot to take a pic - sorry.
I will most likely be doing my aunts flowers, hair accessories and jewelry - and of course, I want to knit her a wedding shawl. Holy crap... is it almost May???
4) Despite all the driving and invite-making, I have managed to get some knitting done. But not on the Mother's day socks like should have been...A new design (yeah sorry, doesn't look like much yet) with some more of Monika's lovely handspun. (This one was swindled out of Mom's stash.) It might be a little while before you see this design. I'm planning on re-knitting it in our yarn - either with the Aristocat, or our Top Cat DK (yeah... we've got it in DK too!).
5) In between the knitting, driving and wedding excitement, I did manage to take an hour on Saturday and finish the annual bushwhacking of the wild roses. The boys joined me outside, sans leash, and were pretty good. I did eventually have to put Rocky back inside for miscreant behaviour, but they mostly just hung out in the garden with me.
6) Easter Sunday was very low-key for us this year - not that we usually do a big deal. Mom and Dad headed to the Sound to see my brother's family. Dave and I chilled out, did laundry, watched movies, and enjoyed a Kentucky Fried Easter dinner!
7) Things I did not get done this weekend: Baking... I have some bananas on my counter that are in prime condition for a loaf of banana bread (ie rotting) but I can't find the energy to bake. Taxes... yeah, just not in the mood to find out I owe the government my first born. That can wait another day or two.