I'm suppose to be mopping floors while Dave is out of the house fixing his Grandma's sump pump (I hate mopping when he's here - the man doesn't understand the concept of a freshly mopped floor and how I'd like it to look that way for at least an hour) but instead, I took a little extra time and finished up the second version of Magpie.It's blocking now, and I think I'll sneak up to Mom's after work tomorrow and take some finished shots of her.
As soon as the floors are mopped, I have to get the charts and pattern into a basic pdf for my test knitters.
As you might remember, this is a refined version of Magpie. The first was a whopping 72 inches wide after blocking.
I was wearing it as Dave and I were out and about yesterday, and, as pretty as it is, the extra length is a bit unwieldy. I had to be very careful not to sit on it, or let it get caught in the car door.
The new version is a much more respectable 63 inches wide. I had planned to offer two versions, but after wearing version one, and knitting the pattern again, I've decided just to offer the smaller version, with basic instructions on how to change the size up or down. Really - it's only the cast-on that determines the size - the pattern is worked the same (just with more repeats - and of course more yarn and beads).
Speaking of beadsIt's a little blurry - but look at all that shiny!!! There are about 425 beads in the shawl. I love the weight and sparkly they add!
I've really enjoyed beading - much more than I thought I would - I even have and idea for beaded socks rolling around in my head and I'm itching to cast on....
...after I finish mopping the floors of course!