Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Conquering the queue

I just realized, Fable is done, I don't have a shawl on the needles (Purity got permanently sent to the frog pond - mohair is the devil!) , the only thing I really have on the go is two pairs of socks, and a sweater I'm considering frogging.

What to do, what to do?

I took a look at my queue, and while I wouldn't consider it out of hand (there are 25 projects in it), there are definitely some things I'd like to to clean out of it. So, I've decided that from now until the end of the year - I'm going to make a serious attempt to knit from my queue.

I've selected a handful of patterns that I'm going to focus on. The first is going to be the Lore HoodieMom bought me the pattern for my birthday last year, and a few weeks back I ordered some special yarn from our supplier - it's a chunky merino/silk/alpaca blend left over from a special order. I'm going to dye it up this weekend and hopefully be knitting it by next week. Being chunky, this one should fly of the needles.

The others are all lace shawls (what a shock - right?)

I'd like to do Aeolian in our Slinky Cat - colour is undecided, but Im thinking a nice rich garnet.

I started Icarus ages ago, but it was too much for my beginner lace skills. It should be a breeze now. I'm thinking the white silk I bought at the Frolic this year will be perfect - and maybe some beads!

Rock Island is just screaming to be knit in Fluffy Cat. So I'll be dying some of that up this weekend (and some for the shop too!)

Of course, I could have cast on for one of the shawls tonight... but what did I do?Cast on for a pair of fingerless mitts. The conquering will have to wait until the weekend!

6 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Aeolian has been on my list for a while. I have Icarus too, but its so long and tedious! Can't wait to see what you dye up!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's a long weekend - plenty of time to conquer then! I'm in a stashbusting queue-conquering mood too!

Rachelle said...

I love Aeolian, it was my first lace shawl; I did shawlette size and I still want to do another one in the larger size.

Monika said...

That all sounds good to me. :o) Have fun dyeing this weekend!

WildflowerWool said...

Those fingerless mitts will knit up in no time then you will be right back on track!

Alisha said...

those fingerless mitts are just a small detour.....love the lore hoodie. i have that pattern on my list as well.

p.s. come visit me...a book giveaway you'd love!

http://sharingslicesofmylifeonedayatatime.blogspot.com/2011/10/thankful-awesome-and-giveaway.html