Another project I finished up on the weekend was the Lore Hoodie.
I spent most of family day working away on the front band. The pattern says to knit it, then sew it on - but I had a brainwave - why not knit it on? So I cast on the stitches, and on the last stitch over every right-side row I knit it together with a stitch from the edge of the body. It worked out really well.
It feels good to have this one off the needles (only lacking buttons) but I'm not sure how I feel about the project just yet. When I tried it on, it didn't fit all that well. The bands were a little wavy - so the above pic is of it blocking - they should flatten out fine - but I think it's too big in the shoulders. I'll know for sure once it's dry.
In other news....I just had to share this photo. Eleventy-billion years old and the 'Par can still strike a regal pose.
He's had some health issues lately, and I was pretty sure we'd be saying good-bye. But he's bounced back. He had a lung infection, and you might be able to see in the picture - his one eye is completely opaque. He got some sort of infection there, and has lost his sight. Vet says it will probably never heal - we just have to keep it clean and moist. (Thank-you to Knatolee - vet said the drops were exactly the thing to use - just with his age they can't do much)
I'm thinking of making him a eye patch - PIRATE KITTEH!