Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sweater wrangler

I did manage to wrangle the sweater out from under Tux (though I'm sure I'll pay for the transgression later.)

Now you can see it's pretty colour - and I've made some good progress on it - it's at 9 inches, only 8 more to go until I set it aside and start the sleeves.

At first I was a little disappointed with how slowly it was growing. But then I reminded myself, unlike Eileen - this one is knit in the round - so I'm knitting the front and the back at the same time! Once I realized that, I have to say, I was pretty pleased.

Admittedly, the pattern is boring - just a 6-2 garter rib. But the yarn is divine - so soft and squishy. I will have to set it aside to work on a baby sweater soon - but I'm hoping to get to the armpits by then. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Araignee said...

I'll wish you good luck but I am pretty sure, as fast as you knit, you won't need it!

Knatolee said...

Love that soft and squishy yarn!

WildflowerWool said...

Looks great so far!

RobinH said...

Pretty color. Clearly, Tux is a fan! Perhaps he'll want to sit on you when you wear the sweater- always a plus!

Anonymous said...

Excellent progress!! :)

Rachelle said...

Looking good, I'm sure it'll be appreciated when done too.

Sava said...

It looks great! I'm working on a sweater that's perhaps a bit shorter than yours, but mine is even more boring-- plain old stockinette.

I really like the color. Not too bright and in-your-face, but not dull either!

gayle said...

Love the color! (And how did I miss that pattern on Knitty?!?)