Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lestrange

Things are about to get boring on the blogfront...

Yep... on Saturday, I bit the bullet and started the Lestrange cardigan.

The charts seem daunting at first, but really, it's not that bad. However, progress is very slow. It's knit in one piece (bottom up_), with fingering weight yarn, on 3.25mm needles. After almost a solid weekend of knitting, I'm only about four inches in. And this is a full-length jacket style cardigan with a big, shawl collar. This one is going to take a while.

I'd like to be monogamous as possible on this one,  otherwise, I know it will get tucked in a corner somewhere and neglected. Ideally, I'd like to be wearing this by my birthday (mid-December). But that means there might not be whole lot of bloggable content - I can only show so many pictures of a slowly growing cardigan.

I'll try to keep things exciting, but if the posts start to drop off, know that I still love you all - I'm just buried under a mountain of silky-soft dark arts knitting.

7 comments:

Monika said...

Wow, that's going to be awesome, but it would take me forever! I just knit a cardi for my daughter, size 34 on 3.5mm needles, and I was so very glad when it was done. I'm just not a garment knitter.

Araignee said...

Isn't that the truth....big projects are no fun for blogging. This one looks like you may have some interesting details to talk about as you progress so you may have more to say than you think. I can't wait to see this finished. It's going to be spectacular.

lexa said...

That'd take me forever, I'd probably never finish it. Big projects aren't for me. Unless they are bulky yarn on mamma jamma needles, lol. :) (It's going to be a beauty, though! You can do it!!)

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow, that is quite the sweater! I love you color choice, it goes very well.

Anonymous said...

That's when you depend on the CATS for blog fodder.

Good luck with your humongous project. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Unknown said...

Oh my, your hands are going to be busy. And following that chart...Yikes! It does look intimidating...but somebody's got to knit it, right? I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

Rachelle said...

I love your dye job for that, it'll look stunning when it's done. Keep plugging at it and if you feel the need to blog there's always the cats!