As soon as Watershed was off the needles and on the blocking board, I picked up the last Vanellope sock and got stitching.
Just a couple hours later and they were done (and on my feet - man, it's been a cool summer!)
Now - you may have noticed that the heel and toes are much darker than the stripe in the sock. The plan was for them to be the same... but it's one of the pitfalls of hand-dyed yarns.
I decided I wanted purple heels and toes after the yarn was originally dyed. Mom was working on another batch of Vanellope, so she threw a mini-skein in the purple she was using.
But this particular purple dye has some peculiar tendencies - its shade can change depending on the water temperature. My mini skein ended up taking on a more reddish tone than the stripe.
No worries, I thought as I frogged it, I'll just throw it in some blue dye and blurple it up a bit. Well blurple I did - a little too much!
But by this point - I really didn't care - so I just started knitting with it.
The socks are nice and cozy. And the only one who will see them outside of my shoes is me or Dave. And Dave's colour blind!
So - now I have no socks on the needles, no sweaters on the needles.... just some WIP shawls in desperate need of attention - I better get to them...