Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chicago: Part 1

I have arrived in the Windy City!
And despite how that picture looks - it's actually not that windy (a stray breeze came up just as I took the picture) but it is cold. Of course, no colder than home so I can't complain much. As you can see, Color Affection came along for my brief walk around the general vicinity of my hotel.

I've only been here a few hours, but downtown Chicago is already way cooler than Itasca (Where I went on my last "Chicago" trip).

Chicago - you have cool buildings
The Carbide and Carbon building, as seen from my hotel room. Love art deco! I may take a walk to see it up close and in person.

You can see Millenium park and Lake Michigan from my other hotel window.

Millenium park is where I decided to explore first (and where I took my selfie.) They have the cutest little skating path there.
 If I was better on skates (and had done it at least once in the last 25 years) I might have gone for a round or two.
I'd love to see this park in the summer!

And all around the area, there are little hidden roof top gardens and art - art EVERYWHERE!
Bumper deer by John Kearney
The next few days are are pretty packed, but I'm hoping to have more time to explore some more on Friday.

6 comments:

elns said...

Thanks for sharing these photos in the time you have. The skating path is of childhood dreams. The city even super cold looks fun and inviting. I hope you have some more fun amongst all the work and cold. I love how the Canadian doesn't find it that cold. hehe.

Araignee said...

I LOVE that skating thing they've got going on. What a beautiful city. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I would bet that Carbide and Carbon building looks awesome in the setting (or rising) sun!

I'd love a skate path like that. I'd never go home. LOL

Have a good visit! :-)

P.S. Stay warm!

Rachelle said...

That does look really cool. I'd definitely go a round on the ice skate path; I love ice skating!

kathy b said...

Welcome to my city. Im so glad you love it.
IT is absolutely gorgeous in the summer months.
I wish I had time to MEET you in person. You sound really booked.
Have some Uno s deep dish pizza if you can!

RobinH said...

The Carbon Carbide building is my favorite skyscraper ever! :) If you go back in the summer, the architecture institute does a very cool architecture tour where they point out a lot of great buildings and talk about their history.