I was hoping to enlist Dave behind the camera to get some FO shots of his Grandma's beret. But yesterday he ended up working and today he's run off to band practice. He won't be back until it's dark. I was really grumpy until I remembered good ol' Roxy tucked away in the studio.
Her head is a touch on the small side (I bought her to model jewelry years ago) but she'll do. Now, back to the hat. This was a pretty simple knit, as far as colourwork goes. Just two yarns but the gradient stripe of the Mochi Plus adds in colour changes that makes it look more complicated.
It's a worsted weight beret, so all the stranding, plus the poofiness of the Mochi Plus make it nice and thick and cozy.
Only a couple wee mods on this one. After finishing the hearts at the centre, I didn't bother with the last few stitches of colourwork. With the decreasing, they seem to get a bit lost, so I just knit it plain. The other was the ribbing around the brim. I didn't bother purling the dark brown stitches... all that moving the yarn from front to back was a total pain.The tension of the colourwork pulled it in enough to make a snug brim anyway.
All in all, I'm very pleased with this one. Makes me want to knit more hats!