Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sheepy seduction

When Mom came by on the weekend she handed me her latest spin.
I've mentioned before that she's a bit of a perfectionist. It tends to work out in my favour, so I won't complain. In this case, she felt her spinning was too uneven. Or as she said "It's all thick and thin..."
 I don't know about you.... but I can't really see a problem....
And just look at those colours! Purple and blue, brown and gold with a touch of green and every shade in between. There's 550 yards of this 100 merino. If I pair it with a solid sock yarn for the ribbing, I should be able to get a short sleeve version of my favourite cropped cardigan.

I'm so bored with all my current projects, it's taking all I have not to cake it up and cast on right away.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would make an AWESOME cardi!

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous wool Valerie! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Enjoy your day.
Robin

Delighted Hands said...

This is a beautiful skein of yarn!!! I would cake it up and start knitting right away!

Araignee said...

I'd have to cast something on with that right away too. It's beautiful!

Vera said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS! You can always send it to me to get it out of your sight and keep you focused on your current projects - LOL. Enjoy knitting with it. I would not wait!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Oh my! That is pretty! It's going to make a beautiful cardigan!

elns said...

Yeah, I can't see any "issues". Take it and run! ha! Lovely beautiful stuff, can't wait to see you get your knit on.

kathy b said...

I love the yarn that your mom sent you!! Nice yardage!!

Jocelyn said...

Yum!! That is some lovely yarn - I'm thinking I'd probably cast on for the cardigan, too :)