Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday felines

When we moved in, I didn't have a curtain rod long enough for the sliding door in the livingroom, so I made do with a couple of cup hooks and a bamboo pole. It was supposed to be a temporary measure...

... fast forward four years. Property management recently installed new, super-bright LED street lights around the survey. It's great from a safety perspective, but a little bit of an annoyance because one of those lights is right outside our bedroom window. So, I invested in a set of black-out curtains, and decided to move the old bedroom curtains to the living room (you may remember the living room curtains were in quite a state thanks to several years of cat wear and tear).

When I made the switch, it quickly became evident that the bamboo pole wasn't going to be sufficient, so last week I finally got around to getting a proper curtain rod.
 While it looks much nicer, it has one serious drawback. The rod is up much higher than the pole was, so now the curtains don't pool on the floor...
... making is much more difficult to create the perfect little cat fort...

Poor Ru... sometimes it's not easy being him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's adapted. LOL

You know ... if he can't see YOU. YOU can't see HIM!

Araignee said...

Poor kitty but I just had to laugh at his butt sticking out like that. I finally got around to cutting mine off to floor level so the vents weren't covered and my kitties aren't happy either.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

LOL Well at least his head is tucked in. Sometimes that's all that matters to a cat. Nice rod and curtains blw.

Vera said...

Isn't it so funny how they always love to bury themselves in fabric? or paper bags, or laundry baskets, etc. So cute.

bittenbyknittin said...

I had to get "blackout" curtains for my bedroom when the state of Indiana decided to adopt DST. It's still light out at 10pm! Most of my curtains have hard-to-slide tabs at the top. They are also old, so I'm thinking of replacing them with something like yours. Nice!

Eastside Cats said...

Do like I do, and throw a shirt or sweater across a chair! Instant cat bed!

Patty said...

Poor Ru! Hope he finds a new hideaway.