Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bad Yarn Kitty!

He's found a new way to protest my long hours....

I followed a long strand of Squid from the couch, up the stairs, down the hall and into the bedroom and found this....
...not only was this wool salad REALLY well tossed, he also chewed through it in several places. I'm not done untangling yet and I've already come across four breaks.
As you can see, he's totally unrepentant. As I was winding it up, he thought it was a new game. If he wasn't so damn adorable I'd probably skin him.

I'm not even close to finishing the rewind... it's more than half the ball... ugh. I have to get it done tonight so I have it to knit with at Job#2 tomorrow. Plus, those socks are on a deadline!

I do have to say, the Alley Cat yarn is decent to untangle. It's nice and smooth so there are no little fuzzies to catch and make knots. That said, this is still going to take all night.

Oh, and last night, after getting the garbage outside, I totally caved and cast on with my Tosh:
I stayed up until 1 a.m. Something I absolutely regretted at 7 a.m. this morning. However, this is absolutely lovely yarn, and it would be my new favourite if it wasn't for one little problem...

My hands were black with dye by the time I went to bed. The colour comes right off. It's not a huge deal, because it washes right off my hands, but I'm a little worried about it washing right out of the sweater....

3 comments:

lexa said...

What a little bugger!! Hope the four spots you found chewed through are the only spots. I caught Jewel last night trying to sneak off with one of my bamboo needles.

I find some of the Patons yarns that are dark blue turn my hands and needles blue. I don't think I've knit with anything but their Shetland Chunky and Decor that's done that. A friend knit a sweater in black Decor, and that turned her hands and needles, too. I think she soaked it in vinegar water to try and set it, a few times, til the water was clear. One thing one of our yarn reps told us when we commented about it was to take it to the dry cleaners. I guess if you knit a sweater out of yarn that the dye comes off on your hands the dry cleaning process on the finished product makes it colorfast. Or at least that's what the yarn rep said.

Lee said...

I know how you feel, my two boys love to play with yarn and tangle it up a bit, but I have never had a bad mess until our dog Otto got a hold of a yarn ball and tore it to peices.

Jeanne said...

Bad kitty! We had a puppy that did that - but he ate the DPNs as well as messing up the yarn so it just added that little extra arrggh!

What are you making with the tosh yarn?