Sunday, December 20, 2009

Unloved but productive

Well... Dave obviously didn't miss me enough, (though he may still come tonight, he said.).... so, instead of being loved and adored today ....I got the floor mopped (who knew it was off-white, not some crazy greyish, juice-stained, dirty-shoe printed pattern?). I got the studio mostly cleaned, the laundry done, the fish tank cleaned (the angel fish are MUCH happier now), the dishes got done, and the cats got snuggled. I'd never have gotten that much accomplished if he was here, so there is a sunny-side to being neglected for a weekend of solo guitar at the cottage.

And now, I have the rest of the evening to knit. The question is what to knit? All the must-do knitting is done... so now knitting is ALL ABOUT ME!!!!! This could be fun.

I did not mention it, but since Friday night was Daveless too, I tackled the skein of Top Cat that Rocky munched. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked, it only took me about an hour to untangle and wind into a ball, and I even had time to cast on for a sock for myself.... and last night I finished it!
I love ankle socks. I started the second one last night, so I perhaps I could work on it tonight...

Or I could work on my Madeline Tosh cardigan. But I'd have to convince someone to get out of the box where I've been storing it:
It could be a difficult extraction.

Or I could work on my much neglected Bamboo Tape sweater, which I haven't touched in months.

Decisions, decisions....

3 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Thanks! :)
...and hey, you're not unloved. Never feel that way! :)

lexa said...

Love the new ankle sock. Glad that it wasn't too hard to rectify the tangled yarn situation. :)

Knitting Linguist said...

I don't think you're getting that kitty out of there; I recognize that look. Maybe best to work on that second sock (especially since the first one is so beautiful!). :)