Monday, December 21, 2009

A Perfect 10!

You may or may not have been to the shop today - but if you haven't, you should. Mom listed two new colours of Fluffy Cat. Pink Pearl (of which I have a skein in my personal stash) and Sugar Plum Faeries.

It was really hard to let her put those up for sale I tell you - Fluffy Cat is my absolute favourite yarn for shawls and those colours are hard to resist.

And speaking of shawls - I've joined 10 Shawls in 2010, have you?

In addition, Wandering Cat Yarns is also a sponsor and will be offering up a skein of Fluffy Cat as a prize!

Ten shawls in a year is a very ambitious project for me, but I think I can swing it. Sock knitting will be relegated to work only, and the two sweaters I have on the go will be for distracted knitting days (they are both plain stocknit for the most part). And I'm not knitting for anyone else next year! Just moi!

Here is my list of 10 shawls (subject to change without notice - images stolen shamelessly from others on Ravelry)

Purity
You may remember, I started Purity last year, but it got sent to the frog pond and never picked up again. I have some lovely white Alpaca Fina for the centre, and some pale green Kid Silk Haze for the border

Icarus
Another one I started and frogged. I think I'm going to do this in Sport Weight instead of Lace Weight. I have some lovely apple green Yarn Tree House Alpaca/Merino for it.

Red Dragon
As mentioned a while back, I have some yummy Handmaiden Sea Silk in Woodland for this baby!

Chicago
I have no idea what I'm doing this one in yet, but I really like that ruffle!


Bitteroot
I will be doing the larger version and using the sumptuous Winter Spruce Fluffy Cat I dyed on my birthday.


Wool Peddler
I just scored some Debbie Bliss Stella in scarlet for this one!

Navdanya Prayer Shawl
I may steal the dark green merino I have squirreled away for a sweater for Dave for this one.

Regal Comfort Shawl
Nice and simple, I think this may be what Dave's Leo gets reknit into.

Multnomah
Thanks to Mom I have some lovely Skinny Bugga in Rainbow Scarab (colour pictured) to knit this one

Dragon Wings
I'm not sure what yarn to use for this, but it's been in my queue since I joined ravelry.

So, 2010 is going to be busy, as you can see.

You should also go check out Knitting in the Wild. She's having a contest for some lovely silk yarn.

Now, since I can't start any of these shawls until January, I'm going to go see if I can get to the armholes on my Tosh cardi.

9 comments:

lexa said...

Gorgeous shawls! Good luck in the KAL. I hope to make at least two shawls. I'll probably be lucky to get one of them finished. :)

Lost City Denise said...

Great queue for 2010!

Bubblesknits said...

Just found your blog after following your comment on mine. Still getting a chuckle over the "wool salad" incidents in some of your past posts. :-) I've got a salad tosser that's learned how to open the wool drawer. How sad is it that I might have to install a baby lock for my cat? lol

Rhonda said...

Quite honestly, I know my daughter very well, and it will be interesting to see which ones she brings to momma and begs to finish for her. Mwhahahahah

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, so many good shawls! I'm going to enjoy watching your progress (living vicariously and all) :)

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow you are very ambitious! I can't imagine doing 10 of anything at this point!

Monika said...

Nice choice! I made two of them. I joined Year of Lace 2010, don't know what we'll get yet, but it's exciting!
Have fun with your shawl knitting!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Thanks for the shawl ideas - there are a couple of skeins of laceweight languishing in my stash!

Jeanne said...

I looked at that on Ravelry - and I think I joined it - but I don't know - I'm terrible with things like this - I lack focus...

I do like the shawls you've queued up - very pretty!