Friday, September 10, 2010

Tuxdate

Yay it's Friday! I have barely picked up the needles all week, with the exception of the hour I stole to knit two squares on the crackghan.

So, since I have no knitting to show you, I thought I'd give you an update on Tux - or a Tuxdate!
Tux is doing super well. He was suppose to go back to the vet last Saturday to check is blood sugar, but due to a cash flow issue, I had to reschedule for next week.

However, he has definitely lost weight. He's marginally more active (I think he's always going to be a lazy boy) and he's started jumping on the bed from the floor again. He used to have to jump on the blanket chest first, then to the bed. So, at the very least the change in diet has helped his health, if not gotten the diabetes totally under control - we'll have to wait to find that out next week.

Now, I've got a whole weekend ahead of me, so I think I'll go find said not-quite-so-fat cat, snuggle up and do some knitting!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad his new diet is working well for him.

bittenbyknittin said...

My cat Fern had become so fat, she could not clean her own butt. After losing a few pounds, she no longer needs my assistance in that area. Thank GOD! Glad Tux is doing better. He is one handsome fella.

Frieda said...

Good to hear that he's getting back to normal . Good luck with the next vet date !

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear Tux is doing better - and I hope you had a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

so glad he is doing well!!!

Samantha said...

Oh he looks miserable!! Stretched out and relaxed. Geeze. Poor kitty! ;) I'm glad he is doing better. :)

zoom said...

Happy to hear he's doing better. He's such a handsome boy.