Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's Waltz!


Regular readers may remember the debacle with the first Crow Waltz shawl I started. After that, I restarted the edging with some lovely Sophisticat in Chimney Sweep.

But then it languished, I'd just lost all mojo to work on it and I eventually frogged the few leaves I had done and tossed the yarn back into the stash.

But recently, Mom has been showing interest in spinning. She got some beautiful handspun merino silk from another Raveler. She talked to the spinning ladies at the fibrefest. She liberated my grandma's neglected Kiwi wheel. She bought fibre to spin.... and all this got me thinking... I don't want to spin, but damn, I do love handspun yarn!

And then I remembered. I still have a HUGE skein of pretty, pretty handspun goodness that I got from Smoking Hot Needles. 
And it was always intended for the Crow Waltz shawl. And I'm on a stash down - and it's in my stash - just waiting to be used!

So, I dug out the Sophisticat as soon as Dad's socks were off the needles. It's funny how your perception of a project can change. I remember these leaves taking AGES last time - but this time, they are just flying off my needles. I've already got the first half of the border done.

These leaves were mainly knit over my lunch hours, though I finished the last few up tonight. Only 24 more leaves to got...with a little dedication - I could be cracking into that handspun by Sunday!

(For those wondering what happened with my Colour Affection Infection... it hasn't cleared up - there are three skeins of Fluffy Cat in the shop that would make a lovely one. Only the reminder that I have many pretty skeins already in my stash is keeping the infection from spreading - but it's hard to say how long that will keep it at bay....)

5 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh that one is in my queue. I love the colors you picked! Maybe that's what I should do with my handspun I didn't know what to do with!!!

Debi said...

The lovely "Lise" over at My Zenitude has directed me this way and I am very happy to have found you..."Versatile" to say the lease, Wow, I can only dream to knit this beautifully...♥Debi

kathy b said...

your smoking hot needles Yarn is amazingly beautiful I love it and cannot wait to see it knit up!

Araignee said...

Lovely handspun! It's always hard to find a good use for it but this is going to be gorgeous.

WildflowerWool said...

Good luck with the rest of those leaves!