Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday knit-a-thon

Thank you for all the kind congrats on our upcoming ceremony. I have to admit, I'm stupidly excited about it. I'll be posting all the details in the months to come (there will be lots of crafty projects associated with it!) but for now, I want to show you something else.
That's right - the Slinky vest is off the needles and blocking. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the lace blocked beautifully - one of my favourite things about knitting with Slinky Cat! 

This is one of those projects that took way longer than expected. Even today - I had only an inch and a half to go on the body, and then an inch for each armhole. I promised myself I would do nothing else until it was done. 

Tux joined me on the couch...
 ...and my little knit-a-thon lasted into the early evening! But it's off the needles and finally blocking. I still have some finishing to do - sewing the front bands and neck back, but soon it will be wearable! 
A proper FO post will come sometime next weekend when I can get better pics (and hopefully find a new sundress to wear with it!

And now, since I can't decide on new yarn for Colour Infection, I'm going to go finish my Dad's socks. Father's Day is just around the corner!

2 comments:

gayle said...

Can't wait to see the glamour shot!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You did it! I didn't think there was the slightest chance of getting it done before the infection set in. Looks lovely!