Thursday, February 25, 2016

The slog...

I really had hoped to be showing you a finished tunic back by now....
.. but as you cnn see... I'm not.

And despite putting several more repeats on it - the darn thing just doesn't seem to grow. I'm actually only five repeats from finishing the back, and it doesn't look anywhere near long enough.

I just keep reminding myself, once this baby hits water, it's going to open and expand all over the place. I just have to trust in the pattern (and remind myself that I'm actually adding three repeats above what the pattern calls for, so it should be more than long enough.)

Maybe by the end of the weekend, we'll see a finished and block back. One can only hope...

4 comments:

Araignee said...

That even looks pretty unblocked. I can't wait to see it blocked!

kathy b said...

Such a pretty color . I can't stand when the yarn fairies do that to us. keep knitting it is going to be a beauty

Anonymous said...

I know knitting is not about the speed, but sometimes you just want something DONE and done NOW!

That color is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I was so sure my sweater wouldn't fit once done, that it would be too small. Despite doing the front a size up and meticulous measuring, I still doubted. And it fits, so sometimes you just gotta trust your plans.